- 1½ pounds pork bratwursts, ground ham, or corned beef (or mixture)
- 2 pounds sauerkraut, squeezed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 small onion
- 1 pinch parsley
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups of milk
- Egg (for coating)
- Unseasoned bread crumbs (for coating)
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Honey mustard, thousand island, or cocktail sauce (for dipping)
- Remove casing from bratwursts. Brown meat, onion, and parsley in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add flour, milk and mustard. Stir together until combined and fluffy. Transfer to a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Add sauerkraut and mix again. Roll into balls (about the size of a golf ball or slightly smaller) then completely cover balls first in flour, then dip in egg, and finally roll in bread crumbs.
- Freeze for 20-25 minutes on a baking sheet before frying until dark brown. Drain on paper towels and serve with dipping sauce of choice.