- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour2 eggs, whipped slightly with splash of milk
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan
- Begin by pounding out the chicken breast gently between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound as thin as you can go without tearing meat. If you’re having trouble getting it thin, try cutting the breast into two thinner pieces, via the side of the meat.Prepare a breading station with three separate bowls containing flour, whisked eggs and milk, and panko crumbs. Season all with salt and pepper. Coat the breasts in flour, egg, then panko. Lay the coated breasts out on a flat tray and refrigerate to let the crust dry out, about 10 minutes. This will ensure there is less moisture and less chance your coating will break when frying.
- Bring olive oil to a simmer over medium-high heat in a frying pan. Fry the breasts in hot oil for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on how thick the breasts are. Drain well, season with salt, squeeze each breast with half of a lemon, and top with shaved Parmesean. Serve hot.