- 2 lb. boneless American Lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 1-1 ½-inch cubes
- 24 grape of cherry tomatoes
- 1 large purple onion, sliced
- 3-4 large zucchini, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch of fresh oregano
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
(makes about 4 cups; would recommend halving the recipe)
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 16oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 hothouse (or English) cucumber, grated and squeezed dry with paper towels
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine garlic, oregano, lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Season marinade with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add lamb cubes; toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 4 to 6 hours. Drain meat cubes; discard marinade.
- Thread lamb, tomatoes and onion onto skewers. Grill on medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or to desired degree of doneness; thermometer should register 145 degrees F for medium-rare, 160 degrees F for medium or 170 degrees F for well.
- Turn kabobs several times, brushing with marinade. Serve with rice pilaf, warm pita bread and Tzatziki sauce.
- Combine the yogurt, sour cream, cucumber, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, dill, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.