When you need a quick, tasty side dish on a busy weeknight or are looking to create a table full of delicious sides, you can’t go wrong with Potato Casserole. This classic dish is just one of many ways that potatoes can be prepared and offers you a delightfully textured dish that will change the way you think about boring potatoes. The hash-style potatoes are made rich and creamy through the inclusion of sour cream and condensed cream of chicken and then filled with cheese for additional thickness and flavor. Topped with corn flakes, there is a delightful blend of smooth and crunchy in every bite.
- 1 2-pound bag frozen hash brown potatoes, defrosted
- 2 cups regular or reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can regular or reduced-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup butter or margarine melted
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sour cream, cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper and cheese in a large bowl. Fold in the hash browns and pour into a 3-quart casserole that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the melted butter or margarine with the crushed corn flakes and sprinkle over top. Bake for 45 minutes.
Makes 8-10 side dish servings.