- 2 cups toasted pecan halves
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie crust shell
Chocolate Filling Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup 100% cacao unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
Salted Caramel Topping Ingredients
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare Chocolate Filling: Preheat oven to 350F. Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs, stirring until well blended. Fold in chopped pecans. Pour mixture into unbaked deep-dish pie crust shell.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes. Filling will be loose but will set as it cools. Remove from oven to a wire rack.
- Prepare Salted Caramel Topping: Bring 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Do not stir. Boil, swirling occasionally after sugar begins to change color, 8 minutes or until dark amber. Do not walk away from the pan, as the sugar could burn quickly once it begins to change color. Remove from heat; add cream and 4 tablespoons butter. Stir constantly until bubbling stops and butter is incorporated (about 1 minute). Stir in table salt.
- Arrange pecan halves on pie. Top with warm caramel. Cool 15 minutes; sprinkle pie with sea salt.