- 1 sleeve Saltine Crackers (with sea salt)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar or 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Line baking sheet with Saltines salt side up.
- Melt butter on medium heat in sauce pan. Add sugar, stir until it caramelizes (bring to a boil and then stir constantly for 3-5 mins, but be careful not to let it burn).
- Pour butter/sugar mixture over crackers and smooth so it covers evenly. The mixture will spread as it bakes, too. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and pour chocolate chips over the top. Once melted, spread chocolate to cover all crackers.
- Top with chopped nuts. Let cool completely in freezer/fridge, then break into large pieces.