- 3-4 bananas, peeled and cut diagonally into slices 1/2 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 6-8 Belgian waffles (I’m being transparent here. I use Bisquick. Sorry I’m not sorry I find it great. Use whatever waffle recipe you’d like!)
- Cook waffles according to directions.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter with the maple syrup over medium heat. Stir in the cinnamon, rum and vanilla and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the bananas to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bananas to a serving plate. Pour the maple syrup mixture into a sauceboat. Serve immediately with waffles and whipped cream. Serves 4.