- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons adobo sauce from can (add more to reach desired taste)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 slice bacon, roughly chopped
- Smoked paprika for garnish
- Crumbled gorgonzola or bleu cheese for garnish
- Cut hard-boiled eggs in half. Remove yolks and add to a small mixing bowl and arrange egg whites hollow side up on a serving plate.
- Mash yolks into a fine crumble with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, chipotle peppers/sauce, lemon juice, and garlic powder and mix well. Add salt and pepper to mixture if desired.
- Evenly disperse the yolk mixture into the egg whites, filling the hollows as much as possible. Top with cheese and small bacon piece.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika. Allow to chill for an hour in the refrigerator before serving.