- 10-12 chicken thighs and/or drumsticks, skin on
- 1 14.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2-3 hot peppers, finely minced or sliced (I used 1 jalapeño, 1 serrano and 1 cherry pepper)
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Sea salt, for garnish
- First, marinate your chicken for at least an hour or two. Combine your coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric, salt, ginger, cardamom, peppers, shallot, lime juice and lime zest in a bowl. Place your chicken pieces in a bag or large, shallow dish and pour the marinade over top. Refrigerate for an hour or two, or as long as overnight. The longer the better!
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, then place a cooling tray inside the pan, if you have one – this will help the chicken stay dry and, therefore, crispy. If you don’t have a tray, it’s fine to just put the chicken directly in the pan, but it won’t be quite as crispy.
- Line the chicken up on the tray, and bake for 20 minutes. Flip the chicken and bake for another 20 minute. Flip the chicken a final time and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until crispy. Turn the oven up to 425F for this final step if you want to speed things up a bit.
- Once golden and crisp, remove from the oven, place in a bowl and garnish with cilantro and sea salt. Serve with a simple salad or some naan.