- 2 loaves country white bread, cut up into ½ inch pieces
- 1½ cup celery, diced
- 1½ cup onions, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3-6 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 sticks butter, divided by half
- ¼ cup chopped rosemary, thyme, sage mix (optional)
- Sauté celery and onions in a 1/2 stick of butter over medium high heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- While vegetables are cooling, slice 2 loaves of country white bread into ½ inch cubes. Melt ½ – 1 whole stick of butter in a separate cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, hand mix bread, vegetables, butter, and chicken broth together. Slowly ladle in beaten eggs; you want just enough to hold the bread together, but not too much. You might not use it all.
- Once mixed, form into two-inch balls. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Place onto baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. If necessary, pour a teaspoon of chicken or turkey broth on them before baking.