- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño chile, minced
- 1½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can mild or hot chilies, diced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded (rotisserie works great!)
- 1 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan combine oil, onion, pepper, and jalapeño chile. Stir often and over high heat until limp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add cumin, corn, green chilies, milk, and beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer, stirring to blend flavors for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and season with salt, pepper, and a dash more cumin.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.