- 1/4 pound italian sausage
- 1 slab of thick cut bacon sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 pounds of potatoes, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup dry white wine to deglaze the pot
- 2.5-3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half with 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch mixed in
- 1/4 bunch of curly kale, chopped
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a large dutch oven, crumble the italian sausage into the pot, cook over medium for 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and drain.
- Cook the bacon and onions in the same pot, add in onions, garlic, and potatoes, stir frequently to prevent from sticking to the bottom. After 7 minutes, deglaze pan with wine, scrape up all the brown bits, and add in the chicken broth, let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the italian sausage again, and bring back to a gentle boil, add the half and half mixture, and stir, simmer for a few minutes.
- Add in kale, and simmer until kale is starting to wilt ( a few minutes only!) Serve immediately, garnish with cheese if you’d like.